Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller

Hardcover, 334 pages
Release Date: February 27, 2018
Published by: Feiwel & Friends
Read from: March 9-14, 2018
Daughter of the Pirate King, #2
Source: Library
For fans of:  Fantasy, Sirens, Magic, Pirates, Adventure, Romance, YA

     Alosa's mission is finally complete. Not only has she recovered all three pieces of the map to a legendary hidden treasure, but the pirates who originally took her captive are now prisoners on her ship. Still unfairly attractive and unexpectedly loyal, first mate Riden is a constant distraction, but now he's under her orders. And she takes great comfort in knowing that the villainous Vordan will soon be facing her father's justice.
     When Vordan exposes a secret her father has kept for years, Alosa and her crew find themselves in a deadly race with the feared Pirate King. Despite the danger, Alosa knows they will recover the treasure first . . . after all, she is the daughter of the Siren Queen.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     So I read in the acknowledgements that she had a hard time while writing this book? And honestly, I'm like HOW? This book was excellent and actually my favorite of the two. I really enjoyed this book, but I really hate that this is the end. 
"My methods of interrogation have been known to make men lose their minds."
pg. 29
   Alosa has finished the mission that her father set her on, but then she hears from one of her prisoners that her father is keeping a major secret from her. In the midst of determining the truth, she finds out more information that leaves her reeling. She now sees her father and his keep for what they truly are: monsters. She does everything she can to reach the treasure before they do and keep those she cares about out of harm's way.
"If this arrangement is going to work, you're going to need to remember that we're not only women, we're pirates. [...] "You wouldn't give a second thought to a couple of men aboard your ship behaving in such a way or talking such talk. You do not get to judge us more harshly for being women. It's not fair, and it doesn't make sense. Not to mention I'll throw your arse overboard if I catch you doing it again."
pg. 50
     I was late to the party with this series originally. But I was still able to read it a couple months ago and I fell in love with thecharacters. That spcific detail transferred to this story too. I loved Alosa so much more this time and it wasso great to be back in her head again. And for her to be a pirate, it was pretty cool. I loved the siren side of her as well. It was pretty cool to learn about the legends behind them. It was pretty awesome. 
"You"-deepbreath-"are a monster." "And you've made the monster angry. Start talking."
pg. 79
     I also really liked the writing style. Just like last time I eased into the story and then got caught there. I hardly ever take 15 minute breaks, but with this one I found myself taking one just to dive back in and read. The entire book everytime I felt like things were ok, there was some huge surprise that happened that I wasn't expecting and I was holding my breath. Definitely not what I was expecting, but it was amazing.
""I may not have been born in the sea, but I was born to rule it. I am the daughter of the siren queen."
pg. 210
     I also really loved the world building. Although a bit more could have been done on the descriptions of the setting, it was also cool to be able to come up with those pictures in my own mind. Especially since it was a fantasy, it would've been cool to have a clearer picture from the author.
"You are perfect just the way you are," he continues, "and I wouldn't change a single thing about you."
pg. 244
   This book was an amazing series ender and I'm still upset that it was just a duology. It was a very interesting series about a girl who has a Pirate King father and a Siren Queen mother who had more power than she thought. I can't wait to see what else it is that Levenseller brings to her next book. Hopefully it wil be an epilogue of a thing they talked about in the book.....
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , , ,