Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco

Audio, 419 pages 
Release Date: September 19, 2017
Published by: Jimmy Patterson Books (Little Brown and Company)
Read from: September 16- October 2, 2017
Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2
Source:  TxLA 
For fans of: Action, Adventure,  Historical, Suspense, Mystery, YA


     Bone white. Blood red. Along this path, you’ll soon be dead.
     Following the horrifying revelation of Jack the Ripper’s true identity, Audrey Rose Wadsworth flees her home in Victorian London to enroll as the only female student in Europe’s most prestigious forensics school. But it’s impossible to find peace in the dark, unsettling Romanian castle that houses the school—and was also once home to the depraved Vlad the Impaler, otherwise known as Prince Dracula.
     When a series of troubling deaths brings whispers of Vlad’s bloodthirsty return from the grave, Audrey Rose and her sharp-witted companion, Thomas Cresswell, must unravel the cryptic clues that will lead them to the shadowlike killer—living or dead.

*MY THOUGHTS* 

     Books like this always surprise me. I am not a historical fiction person but pair it with a good mystery and some blood like this one did, it's almost certain to change my mind. I was a little iffy like I was with the first, but this one blew me out the water too! 
     Audrey Rose and Thomas Creswell helped to find Jack the Ripper, so they take time off to go to Romania to attend a forensics school in Romania. Unfortunately, while there, more serial killer antics ensue. 
     I think the main part about this book that I liked was the ending. It wasn't creepy for most of the book, but it seemed like Maniscalco waited until the very end to make me want to read the book with all the lights in my house on and when I wasn't alone. So fair warning, the ending may make you want to sleep with the tv and all lights on too.
     As for the characters, I was so happy to see them again. I LOVE them both and I wanted SO BAD. for things to happen! But I had to keep reminding myself this is historical fiction and they couldn't get together like I wanted to. It was maddening and heart-breaking for me lol 
     However, I did feel like some of it was fluff. The middle got really repetitive and I think it could've been thinned out some. There were times where I had to read passages over and over because it got to be too much of the same.
     For the most part, it was still amazing and I can't wait for the next one! I wonder who the person will be that time. Sad part is, we have a year and I'm already ready to get more of Maniscalco's words! Stalking Jack the Ripper is still my favorite, but this one has also won a place in my heart! 
Overall, I give this

Did you read this?
What did you think?
What did you think about the ending?


Labels: , , , , , , , ,