Wonder Woman, Vol. 1 by Greg Rucka

Graphic Novel/ Comic, 392 pages
Release Date: July 12, 2016
Published by: DC Comics
Read from: February 11-12, 2017 
Wonder Woman, Vol. 1
Source: Library
For fans of: Action, Adventure, Bombshell Endings, Companion, DEAR, Favorites, Fantasy, Graphic Novels, Own, Upper YA/ Adults 

     When an ancient ritual requires Wonder Woman to protect a young woman from anyone who threatens her, it pits the Amazon Warrior against her Justice League ally, Batman!
     And while an array of enemies, including Silver Swan and the more dangerous than ever Dr. Psycho, attack Wonder Woman on all fronts, it’s the publication of Princess Diana’s book that opens her to an assault by a new and deadly foe – the malevolent Veronica Cale – and places Wonder Woman’s island homeland of Themyscira in grave danger.
     Best-selling writer Greg Rucka (DETECTIVE COMICS) teams with artists JG Jones (FINAL CRISIS), Drew Johnson (SUPERGIRL), Shane Davis (SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE) and more for the start of his legendary run on the title as Wonder Woman stands against mortal foes and faces the machinations of the gods themselves!
     Collects the highly sought after WONDER WOMAN: THE HIKETEIA and WONDER WOMAN #195-205.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     When this book came out of our bin of "New Materials" at work, I'm sure people in the next county heard my squee of excitement. As some of y'all may know, I'm a huge fan of Wonder Woman and I collect anything that has her or mentions her. This comic coming across my desk seriously made my week lol 
     So, with that being said, I was really excited because Ruka is really one of my favorites writers for Wonder Woman. The plots are amazing and I didn't see anything dragging anywhere at all like in most other comics. This one had me continuously flipping pages and I finished it in two sittings. 
     I LOVED seeing some other comic book figures there as well, such as Batman, Joker, Silver Swan, Cirque, and so many more! I really need to find out about the next installment because it was so good and that ending really made me upset that there weren't more pages.
    I also loved the art. There's one full page spread of her and Batman and OMG I wanted to take a picture and use it as a background or something because it was so pretty. I've read countless Wonder Woman comics and I'm not sure I've ever had that kind of reaction to an illustration of her before. I was definitely impressed by the art in this and I can't wait to see more. 
Overall, I give this

Labels: ,