Class Act: Module 13: GRAPHIC AND ILLUSTRATED NOVELS/URBAN LIT/ ROMANCE!


As y'all know, I'm a Library Science student at University of North Texas. This semester I have the pleasure of taking an AWESOME class called Seminar and Trends in YA! This semester the focus is YA books!  One of the things we have to do is read some books from a list my Prof has provided us and then make up a blog and post reviews or features of what we have read! 

MODULE 13: 
GRAPHIC  AND ILLUSTRATED NOVELS/URBAN LIT/ ROMANCE


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer Smith
Published by: Little Brown Poppy
Book Summary:     
  
      Four minutes changes everything. Hadley Sullivan 17 misses her flight at JFK airport, is late to her father's second wedding in London with never-met stepmother. Hadley meets the perfect boy. Oliver is British, sits in her row. A long night on the plane passes in a blink, but the two lose track in arrival chaos. Can fate bring them together again?

     Contemporary romance in YA is actually my very favorite genre. This book is one I had been wanting to read for  a very long time. I've read quite a few books in this genre and most of them were all the same troupes. Romance always has the same troupes, but I can't stay away from them. Here's my favorites:

1. Boy Meets Girl, Boy Loses Girl, Boy Gets Girl Again
2. Meet Cutes 
3. Besties to Lovers 
4. Enemies to Lovers
5. Bad Boys

     I know that troupes aren't everyone's favorites, I think they're still fun to point out. Anyone have anymore that they recognize from YA contemps?



     

Labels: