Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Parts I and II)

Hardcover, 303 pages
Release Date: July 31, 2016
Published by: Scholastic
Read from: July 31-August 4, 2016
Harry Potter, #8
Source: Bought
For fans of: Harry Potter, Old Favorites, Action, Adventure, Companions, DEAR, YA


     The Eighth Story. Nineteen Years Later.
     Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. The play will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on July 30, 2016.
     It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.
     While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     When I first heard of this I was a bit iffy. And then i got excited. But then I got iffy again because I mean it wasn't exactly by the Queen herself. But let's be honest. I don't think anything will be like that ever again. So for what it was, I quite enjoyed it.
     Harry Potter has always had a hard life. And now it's still just as hard dealing with his job and kids. But with all that happened in his past, he forgot to also remember the present and his son is left with the biggest blow back from it. Harry doesn't know the depth of what Albus is going through, and because of that, it will cost him......
     As a huge fan of Harry Potter, I was absolutely worried that this would seem like some lame, watered down, fan fiction. But when I finally cracked it open, it didn't seem like that at all. I mean it lost some of it's world building because it's a play's script and will use mostly dialogue, but because I already had my vision of Hogwarts and the Forest and more, it wasn't bad. Once I got over that, it was smooth sailing
     As for the plot itself, I loved that it kept me guessing. I had an idea and it turned out it was wrong. And then when it came up, I never saw it coming. Definitely happy it wasn't something I could guess. I have to say, I'm very content with this.
     I also loved reading the Director's bits in there as well. It made me want to catch the first thing smoking to Eurpoe and go to the play. I need to see all those flashing lights and more around the auditorium. Here's to hoping that this comes to the United States and I can one day watch this in person.
     All in all, it was an interesting addition to a series that will forever be a  part of my heart. No it wasn't the original, but it was never meant to be. I'm glad i took and chance and didn't rule it out before I read it!
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,