Class Act: Catching up From Summer '16!


     As some of you may know, I've been MIA. I've had a BUNCH of memes going up, but not many reviews. Reason being, I had those scheduled to post lol As far as the reviews, I just finished a 10 week Grad school course. In other words, I was in one class while other people had two summer sessions, I had the one. And it was every bit as long as it sounded.

     As it turns out, this class I took was my research class for library science. In other words, the "class that teaches you to be a librarian." The one where you go and learn how to find the answers for patrons. This class involved Information Hunts, and Reading Summaries, a midterm, a final, and a final project. All due within like three weeks of each other mind you. You can imagine the blogging slump I was in because of this. I didn't want to look at another book OR computer when I was finished with my work. But now that I turned in my 30 page final paper, I'm ready to relax with a book and do nothing but read. (This makes all the rain that Texas is about to get ok lol)
     So, now that I'm back, what did I miss? Tell me what August reads I need to catch up on! My plan is to read a book a day (or as much as I can) until the 29th when MY LAST SEMESTER STARTS. I THINK I'm gonna start Nevernight by Jay Kristoff next. I've heard it's adult or new adult and it sounds so gory and cool. Also, I really love that quote that keeps popping up when everyone's talking about it. There's also a really cute MG that I want to read called The Rat Prince by Bridget Hodder. My sister is angry because I was supposed to read it and send it to her. Oops. Also, I've heard really great things about A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess and have that waiting next to my bed. Ugh there's so much I want to read. Someone tell me what August book they want me to read and review and I'll see if I have it cuz otherwise I can't make a decision.

     Oh yeah, one thing that's changed about me.... I've started a bullet journal! (Or a bu-jo!) I'm really excited about it and I can't wait to get really started on it like with the colors and everything. (Most of my supplies are still in the mail lol) I started it because even though I love planners, they don't always reflect me and only me. So making my own just made more sense. I will share more pictures later. (And no one gets to talk about my handwriting ok? Ok.)

So, there's a quick catch-up of where I've been! 
I swear this next semester won't be as bad! 
(Next semester I'm taking a YA class and a Graphic Novel class sooooo yeahhh lol) 
Soooo, tell me in the comments what I've missed and what I should read next!!! 


Labels: