Boats, Planes, & trains #4: featuring Walk the edge by Katie McGarry



So one of my biggest reasons to name my blog Take Me Away was because I have never been many places other than where I've physically lived. To compensate I read many different books so I could visit them in the "literary sense." And now that I've read so many of them, I'm here to talk about my favorite ones. The best part about this... It can range from any genre! As long as I can envision it (or look it up on Google lol) I can see myself "visiting" there! 

Walk the Edge (Thunder Road, #2)

     I loved this one because it's about an impossibly small town where everyone knows everyone else's business. I loved that because of that I was really able to make up my own mind of what Snowflkae, Kentucky might look like.


Here's what I envisioned:
     One place that stood out in this story was the Shamrock dive bar. It doesn't directly SAY it's a dive bar, but I really felt like it was. Especially when it was said that mainly only army brats go there. As if it's been there for a long time and generation after generation has visited and messed the place over with their shenanigans. I loved this spot because it was a pivotal moment in Breanna and Razor's life.

     The bridge is also a large part of Breanna and Razor so many things happen here. The only thing that I would change is the trees around it. I for some reason saw a bunch of trees and foliage in the area when I was reading.

     I had to add the park because it was the happiest I had been the entire book! I won't say why, but just know that I loved it and I pictured the two characters walking that path and hanging around those bushes trying to do things they shouldn't!

Thank you McGarry for taking me to "Kentucky" even though I've technically never been! It was really interesting to see what it might look like through the eyes of your characters.

Alabama    Alaska     Arizona   Arkansas     California     Colorado     Connecticut     Delaware     Florida     Georgia     Hawaii     Idaho     Illinois     Indiana     Iowa     Kansas     Kentucky     Louisiana     Maine     Maryland     Massachusetts     Michigan     Mississippi     Missouri     Montana     Nebraska     Nevada     New Hampshire     New Jersey     New Mexico     New York     North Carolina     North Dakota     Ohio     Oklahoma     Oregon     Pennsylvania     Rhode Island     South Carolina     South Dakota     Tennessee     Texas     Utah     Vermont     Virginia     Washington     West Virginia     Wisconsin     Wyoming

You can find more of these here Fridays! 
If you choose to join in, let me know and link it up! 







Labels: ,