Follow Friday: Bookish Pet Peeves!

Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee’s View & Alison Can Read.    

The goal is to increase blog followers and make friends. Basically how it works is you follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. So looking forward to making new blogging friends & following blogs!

What are some of your biggest pet peeeves with books? 
1. Constant Drug Use: Alot of what I read is YA. So having the teen doing every drug under the sun is not ok. It makes me want to DNF them. I know they do drugs and they experiment, but EVERY SINGLE PAGE IS NOT NECESSARY. 

2. Insta-love: I don't mind insta-lust at all. But don't start saying that he's the reason you wake up in the morning on page 18 when you just met him on page 11. 

3. When a synopsis tells the entire story: This has only happened a few times with me, but it's still enough for me to add it. Like why do I need to read the book now?

4. Predictable plot: I HATE this. Especially with thrillers. I don't like spoilers and being able to guess what happens is kinda like me spoiling myself I guess lol Keep me guessing and give me twists and turns! 

5. Cardboard characters or a boring setting: I am a character and setting driven reader. The books I read either have to have amazing world-building or strong main character to keep me interested. Anything else can have me more than a little bored. 

What are your pet peeves with books?

Labels: