Tempting the Player by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Audio, 7 hours
Release Date: June 24, 2013
Published by: Tantor Media/ Entangled Brazen
The Gamble Brothers, #2
Source: Library (Hoopla Online) 
For fans of: Contemporary Romance, Realistic Fiction, Adult Reads, Sports, Take Me Away After Dark


     Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with . . . and that's the last thing Chad needs.
     When the paparazzi catch them in a compromising position, Chad's manager issues an ultimatum: clean up his act or kiss his multimillion-dollar contract goodbye. To save his career, his meddling publicist says he'll have to convince everyone Bridget isn't just his flavor of the week, but his girlfriend.
     Being blackmailed into a fake relationship with Chad Gamble isn't easy, especially when the sizzling physical attraction between them is undeniable. With a month to go on their arranged pretense, it's going to take every ounce of willpower they have not to fall into bed together . . . or in love.

BETWEEN THE COVERS!

*"This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than both YA and MG. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"  This book will contain strong language and explicit sexual scenes. Intended for adults 18 and up! 

*MY THOUGHTS*

     To be honest, I'm not sure this one was better than the first. The first had a better plot and more angst. But then again, I liked this one more because I have been craving a sports book and there was less angst so that was good. I guess its safe to say I liked them both. Thank you JLA for always pulling me out of a reading slump! 
     Chad is a player. Both on and off the baseball field. Bridget is a quiet woman who works at the Jeffersonian; a nerd. They meet and instantly hit it off with one another. And then they're caught... And that's when Chad's publicist gives him an ultimatum. He either gets his act together or he loses his contract. Bridget doesn't know that she'll end up helping him in the weirdest way possible. 
     The best thing about this one was the characters. I loved Chad. He just seemed so misunderstood. He wasn't trying to do all the things that he was caught doing. They always just fell into his lap. (If you've read this, you know how literal I mean that lol) And since the story was told in alternating POV's, I loved just getting to know him better instead of just seeing tthe story from one side. It was interesting to see how he handled different situations versus what everyone else thought he did. 
     I also liked Bridget. I was so happy she was going to be the love interest in this one because I really liked her from the first one. She was the one trying to convince Madison to fall for Chase and I just knew she needed to have her own story. I'm also glad that JLA decided to give her some backbone too. Her snappy, sassy attitude was what made this audio book for me. (Well those and Chad's hot answers, but that's beside the point.... lol) 
     As for the romance, I wasn't as into it as the first. I just didn't like the plot. I'm not a fan of blackmail turned lovers, but with the addition of sports I thought I'd fall in love. Alas, there is really no mention of baseball in here. The most athletic thing Chad does is get on the treadmill. But the hotness factor is still there. For instance, the artifact room..... Yeahhhh that scene definitely was a home run. 
     The two of them together is explosive, as all JLA relationships are. Although this one wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, it sill was good enough to stick my head in the freezer at the end. 
Overall, I give this

(There will be no quotes because this was an audio book!)


Labels: , , , ,