Boats, Planes, & Trains #5: Black Hearts by Nicole Castroman


So one of my biggest reasons to name my blog Take Me Away was because I have never been many places other than where I've physically lived. To compensate I read many different books so I could visit them in the "literary sense." And now that I've read so many of them, I'm here to talk about my favorite ones. The best part about this... It can range from any genre! As long as I can envision it (or look it up on Google lol) I can see myself "visiting" there! 

Blackhearts


     I loved this book's setting because it had a historical setting. More than that, it had a great garden and some beautiful instances where I found myself wishing I was just in the market. It was such a great read and such a great place to "visit!"

Image result for old school outdoor market
The Market

     Obviously not everyone is dressed so modernly in Blackhearts and there is a huge body of water next to the market, but this is what I thought of when I read this. It was easy to picture the pail situation from the beginning happening here while there were other people around! 

Image result for cottage in the forest
The Cottage in the Woods

          I won't say how they got there since it may be a spoiler to those that haven't read it, but this is what I thought about when I read this scene. The only thing I would change is to lose the mushrooms and add a creek. 

Image result for two weeping willows
Huge Weeping Willow

     The trees on the property have huge significance in this story. So, I really just wanted to put these on here because Weeping Willows are so freaking beautiful! 

Image result for huge olden time ships
Bonus: The Deliverance

     I won't say much about it because of spoilers, but I will say I wish I could have gotten on it! The ship is said to be huge and better than everything they had at that time. (Sounds a bit like the Titanic lol) It just sounded so cool and I could only imagine coming to see it on the dock in all it's glory! 

So there you have it! A few pieces of my favorite parts of the setting! 
What were your favorite parts of the setting in Black Hearts?
Any of the things I mentioned here?

See the states I've "visited" here: 
Alabama    Alaska     Arizona   Arkansas     California     Colorado     Connecticut     Delaware     Florida     Georgia     Hawaii     Idaho     Illinois     Indiana     Iowa     Kansas     Kentucky     Louisiana     Maine     Maryland     Massachusetts     Michigan     Mississippi     Missouri     Montana     Nebraska     Nevada     New Hampshire     New Jersey     New Mexico     New York     North Carolina     North Dakota     Ohio     Oklahoma     Oregon     Pennsylvania     Rhode Island     South Carolina     South Dakota     Tennessee     Texas     Utah     Vermont     Virginia     Washington     West Virginia     Wisconsin     Wyoming

Labels: ,