Beyond the Book: featuring The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it!

The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
"Isn't your hammer the most powerful weapon in the universe?" I asked.
"Yes!"
"And I thought it was so heavy nobody except you could pick it up." 
pg. 365

I found this on the internet when I was reading this book and I thought that was the coolest coincidence ever. It definitely got me excited for the rest of this book! If you can't tell, it shows a man who has made his OWN hammer of Thor! At first I was amazed, but then when they shouwed how to do it, I was even MORE amazed lol If nothing else, check it out! 

Homemade Hammer Of Thor
This guy made his own Hammer of Thor that only he can pick up.
Posted by AskMen on Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Taken from AskMen's Facebook page!