Jet by Jay Crownover

Audioboook, 10 pages
Release Date: May 28, 2013
Published by: William Morrow Books
The Marked Men, #2
Source: Library
For fans of: Music, Good Narrators, Take Me Away After Dark, MCM


     With his tight leather pants and a sharp edge that makes him dangerous, Jet Keller is every girl’s rock and roll fantasy. But Ayden Cross is done walking on the wild side with bad boys. She doesn’t want to give in to the heat she sees in Jet’s dark, haunted eyes. She’s afraid of getting burned from the sparks of their spontaneous combustion, even as his touch sets her on fire.
     Jet can’t resist the Southern Belle with mile-long legs in cowboy boots who defies his every expectation. Yet the closer he feels to Ayden, the less he seems to know her. While he’s tempted to get under her skin and undo her in every way, he knows firsthand what happens to two people with very different ideas about relationships.
     Will the blaze burn into an enduring love. . . or will it consume their dreams and turn them to ashes?

BETWEEN THE covers!
*"This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than both YA and MG. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"  This book will contain strong language and explicit sexual scenes. Intended for adults 18 and up! 

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I'm not sure why I waited so long to read this one. It had been on my TBR for a long time (since I read Rule a couple years ago, but I never picked up this one afterwards. But then I read through the Stage Dive series and I just NEEDED to read more about some rock-stars. And it just so happened that this one was available. 
     Jet seems like this dude that everyone should be scared of, but really he seems like this big huge teddy bear. And the person that gets to him easiest is Ayden Cross. But he can't let anything happen between them. He knows he won't be good for her. And so does Ayden. She knows that Jet won't be any good for her. She's done with all dudes like him. Until she isn't.....
     This was a super quick read. (Well listen...) I found myself getting lost in it everywhere, like while I was cooking dinner, cleaning my house, or at work between shifts. It was so easy to just block out the world as I listened.
     But even though it moved so fast, there wasn't really anything happening. I think I was listening to it so much because I really wanted to find out what it was that ended up happening. But in the end, it was ok. It just seemed that it was just the same thing happening again and again. Ayden and Jet fight. Ayden talks about Jet to Cara. Jet talks to Rowdy or another person in his band or someone else's band about Ayden. Jet and Ayden make up. Repeat. It just got a little boring after awhile. 
     The best part about this though was the narrators. They sounded exactly like I thought the characters would. Especially the chick who did Ayden. She had the Kentucky country accent on point. It didn't even seem like she was trying to make her voice sound different. And then the dude that did Jet was good too. I think it was the one thing that made me forgive the repetitiveness. Because I knew I could listen to those two all day and it would be easier. 
     But about that ending though. It came totally out of left field. I think that was my favorite part overall. I liked that I was shocked about something since everything else was incredibly predictable. Hoping that the next one will be more like the ending and less like the beginning of this one. 
     It wasn't a bad book. Just a bit much at ttimes. When I found it to be too much I rested a little and came back. It was a quick read that made me antsy to finish the rest of the series. 
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , ,