Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry

Hardcover,  483 pages
Release Date: May 26, 2015
Published by: Harlequin Teen
Thunder Road, #1
Source: Bought
For fans of: Contemporary, Romance, Chick-lit, DEAR,  Sparkly Covers, Realistic Fiction, Series, YA




     An unforgettable new series from acclaimed author Katie McGarry about taking risks, opening your heart and ending up in a place you never imagined possible.
     Seventeen-year-old Emily likes her life the way it is: doting parents, good friends, good school in a safe neighborhood. Sure, she's curious about her biological father—the one who chose life in a motorcycle club, the Reign of Terror, over being a parent—but that doesn't mean she wants to be a part of his world. But when a reluctant visit turns to an extended summer vacation among relatives she never knew she had, one thing becomes clear: nothing is what it seems. Not the club, not her secret-keeping father and not Oz, a guy with suck-me-in blue eyes who can help her understand them both.
     Oz wants one thing: to join the Reign of Terror. They're the good guys. They protect people. They're…family. And while Emily—the gorgeous and sheltered daughter of the club's most respected member—is in town, he's gonna prove it to her. So when her father asks him to keep her safe from a rival club with a score to settle, Oz knows it's his shot at his dream. What he doesn't count on is that Emily just might turn that dream upside down.
     No one wants them to be together. But sometimes the right person is the one you least expect, and the road you fear the most is the one that leads you home.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Katie McGarry has been one of my auto-buy authors since her debut novel Pushing the Limits. Now she is coming with a completely new story and let me tell you, it is indeed worth all the waiting I had to do to get my hands on this book! 
"Lots of things seem innocent but in the end are deadly."
pg. 200
       Emily has to travel with her parents for just a couple days to come to where her biological father is due to an accident within the family. This of course doesn't sit well with Emily who doesn't' care for him or his family one way or the other. But when she gets there, things are so much more than what Emily thought it would be. And then she meets Oz. Oz has wanted nothing but the motorcycle gang that Emily's biological dad is a part of since his birth. It's all he knows and he doesn't want to learn anything else. He sees they're a brother hood and he wants nothing more than to be a part of it and will not stand for anyone to get in his way. Until he meets Emily. 
"Normal's overrated. You should try living on the wild side sometime."
pg. 205
     BOOK. CRACK. That's exactly what this book was. I read it anywhere I could. At work, on the way to work, at the nail shop.... Anywhere I could open the book. And when I was reading it, I swear I could hear the motorcycle engines rumbling in the distance. That's just how invested I was in this book. Katie McGarry still has the writing that makes me want to LIVE in her books to experience the super real world that she's created. What I wouldn't give to go to one of those parties at the clubhouse (even though I know I wouldn't be invited...) or to be able to go be on the back of one of their bikes. My boyfriend owns a crotch rocket (Yes it's really called that...) But the people he hangs with just think his bike is cool. Nothing like the people described in this book. I'd love to see that in person one day. As you can see, this book stayed on my mind even when I wasn't reading it. I can't wait to continue on to Razor's story. (*SEMI-SPOILER*Speaking of which, McGarry, if you are planning to make Chevy and Violet be with others so help me.................. I can't handle Beth and Isaiah all over again!!!)
"Isn't it always the things you can't see that hurt you?"
pg. 293
     The characters were another reason I loved this book so much. Although Emily got on my nerves with how naive she was, Oz more than made up for that. He was strong and brave, and was so loyal it hurt. Putting them together made for a really weird friendship, but it worked. I loved seeing what all they had to go through to make it work though. But even though she wasn't the main character, my favorite over everyone was Olivia. She was hilarious and she didn't take any shit. She really reminded me of my mom lol Well besides the clothes. But anyways, without Olivia, this story would not be the same. 
"Some things are so inevitable that they don't need to be made formal."
pg. 369
     As contemporary romance is my favorite genre, I went into this anticipating the romance. I appreciated it because it wasn't inta-lovey, but a really slow build and even then I hate to wait some more while they found their footing. I appreciated it, but I can admit I might've like it a little more if there was a little more. I hate that more than likely we'll see more of them in the next book than in their own. I admit, I'm being a little nit-pickey, but for the book to be 400+ pages, I just feel like they should've been given a little more than what they had. 
"But sometimes what we need the most is what we fight the hardest: change."
pg. 462
     Sitting back and thinking about this novel I could tell that it was more just a contemporary novel with some romance and that's ok. Katie McGarry still managed to get my attention and hold, making me think about her novel while I wasn't even near it. I'm excited to see what the next set of characters face in this next installment.
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,