TTT: Top Books I Plan to Have in my Beach Bag this Summer!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books I Plan to Have in my Beach Bag this summer

According to Urban Dictionary, a  beach read is: [A book where] comforting, happy endings are assured; every couple who ought to end up walking into the sunset together does (although the best of the genre have you doubting that destiny in the middle chapters.) They’re not the novels you proudly display on your shelves so that guests may marvel at your intellectual prowess, but frankly, it’s too hot out for Tolstoy.” 

Chasing Impossible (Pushing the Limits, #5)The Summer of Chasing Mermaids
1. Chasing Impossible by Katie McGarry: I CANNOT WAIT FOR ABBY'S STORY! I feel like that's all that needs to be said. RELEASES July 2015

2. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler: This one is a loose re-telling of The Little Mermaid and I can't wait to see all the similarities. In other words, it's just asking to be read by the water. PLUS, THERE IS A POC ON THE COVER AND I LOVE IT. RELEASES June 2, 2015

Legacy of Kings (Blood of Gods and Royals, #1)Someone Like You
3. Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman: I know this isn't as airy as all normal beach reads, but this one is definitely one of those books that I will read anywhere. RELEASES August 25, 2015

4. Sarah Dessen's collection: After reading Saint Anything earlier this year, I decided to a Summer of Sarah... And then penguin announced that they were already doing it :/ so I just went ahead and did it with them. So, I'm planning to listen to most of them on audiobook this summer. Especially since most of them are set in the summer anyways. 

The Boy Most Likely ToAmy and Roger's Epic Detour
5. The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick: I LOVED My Life Next Door and I think Tim needs his own love story. He deserves it. I can see myself reading this and enjoying a nice pina colada listening to the waves. I NEED it in my beach bag! RELEASES August 18, 2015

6. Amy a& Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: I will finally get around to reading this one this summer. I can't believe I haven't read it yet. It will be my number one read this summer while I'm laying out on the beach!

More Happy Than NotThe Revenge Playbook
7. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera: I love anything about diversity and I can't wait to read this one. I hope they get their happy ending because that would make me happy! RELEASES June 2, 2015

8. The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen: I love anything with romance and sports and this one looks like a super cute, super quick read. I can't wait to see how it all comes together! RELEASES June 16, 2015

MagnoliaBreathe, Annie, Breathe
9. Magnolia by Kristi Cook: I have heard so many great things about this one. It's set in the south and I can't wait to see what Southern things they incorporate. 

10. Breathe Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kennelly: I need to caatch back up on this series. The next book comes out in July and I have it for review. I know I can read them outt of order, but I don't want to miss anything or if there's any small spoilers. So, no better time than reading it while I'm on  the beach and not too far behind. 

Labels: