Follow Friday: Book Hangovers, Blogging Slumps, and Reading Slumps, OH MY!

Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee’s View & Alison Can Read.    

The goal is to increase blog followers and make friends. Basically how it works is you follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. So looking forward to making new blogging friends & following blogs!

 HOW Do you cure a book hangover/blogging slump/reading slump?  
        Yay! Another question suggested by me! As far as reading slumps, I don't usually get those. But only because my outlet (whether good or bad) is reading. As for blogging slumps, I normally don't get those either. I think it has to do with the fact that it's sort of the reason I want to be a librarian. Reading and recommending books to people through my blog is just the same as reading and recommending books to teens through the library. My main goal as a librarian is to help the literacy rate but in the process get teens and children actually HAPPY about reading. Many times teens view it as boring or nerdy, by blogging and having fun with books, I want to show them that it's ok to be nerdy and read if that's who you are and want to be. 
     Book hangovers are a little trickier though. When reading physical books I keep tabs on hand and when reading e-books I'm a firm believer in the Highlight feature. After reading a really good book, I just flip back through it to where the tabs/highlights are and reread some of my favorite passages. When reading I also keep notes in a notebook. I add passages in my notebooks sometimes if it's something I'd like to add to a review or if it's something that I can see myself enjoying for a long time. Yes re-reading passages puts me a little behind, but at the same time, it isn't the same amount of time I waste while trying to re-read it a whole book. If it gets to that point, then I just listen to an audiobook. 

How do you cure a book hangover?
A blogging slump?
A reading slump? 

Labels: