TTT Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS from the past 3 years

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books You Would Classify as ALL TIME FAVORITES from the past three years! 


I looked through 2012 and didn't see any I read that I would just remember forever, but 2013 seemed to be a good year. And then there's the two from 2014 which is good as well. And even though 2015 just started, it's proving to be good as well! Let's hope the rest of the year is as good as the beginning! 


1.  Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (2013): I almost added Cinder, but then I realized I loved this one more and wanted to have this one included in this post. Although Cinder started my love for this series. Scarlet is still my favorite. The adventure that begins in this one made me this series' number one fan. 

2. My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi (2013): This one made the list because it deals with an important issue and people need to know that it is ok to read about stuff like this in YA. It was the first of it's kind and I hope it makes others bring light to this situation.  

3. Golden by Jessi Kirby (2013): This book will make you think twice about your life and what exactly you want to do with it. Although I was already done with my bachelor's degree when I read this, I still found myself contemplating my life after I read it. All after what happened in a high school English class. 

4. Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown (2013): Another book that made a huge impact on me. I hoped with this one teens could see that the internet isn't always a safe space and that they should be careful. I chose this one because not only did it convey a very pertinent message, but it also was done in an entertaining way. 

5. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan (2013): With this being my first Levithan book, I was so excited to read this. And of course there's the Greek Chorus writing style. I've never read anyting like this and it just seemed like something all LGBTQ teens should read. Also, the YA book spine poem goes down in history as one of the most swoony things I've ever read

6. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (2013): This is one of my first books by Matson that I've ever read and it deemed her Queen of Realistic Fiction in my eyes. I laughed, I cried, I swooned, and I cried some more in this book. It was something I had been wanting to read, and after my aunt passed away from breast cancer, I knew that it was then that I needed to read it. And I'm so glad I did. 

7. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (2014): This is my favorite one in the series. I loved it. Isla was a spaz and Josh was swoony. It was why they felt so real together lol I could see myself being friends with them! .

8. Tease by Amanda Maciel (2014): With bullying becoming such a huge issue, this is a must read for teens. And to make it even more controversial, this time the story is told from the POV of the villain. Although the words seem upsetting, it seems like something everyone should read.

9. I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios (2015): Although my love for her contemps started with Something Real, this is the one that made my list. This one resonated with me. It showed that even with differences, they are never alone.

10. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (2015): This one isn't out until May, but I read it this year and I couldn't NOT put it on this list. This one will be one of my favorites because I'm normally a fan of the fae, but I did indeed like this one. And then there's the fact that it was a Beauty and the Beast retelling, and before I read it, I had yet to find one I actually liked. This book opened new doors for me and it was also still very entertaining. If I could read it again, I would. 

Labels: ,