Beyond the Book: Middle Grade Monday- Story Thieves by James Riley


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

Story Thieves (Story Thieves, #1)
"She plopped down at a table on the other side of the room, then pulled out her book and looked around suspiciously. Then she dropped her head, ate something, and sat back up, glancing around again.

What was she was doing? Eating behind the book? Did she even have food? Was she-

Whoops. What she was now, was staring at him.

Owen immediately looked everywhere but at Bethany, but it was too late. She slammed her book closed, threw him a dirty look, then exited the cafeteria with an annoyed huff. [...]


His guilt pushed Owen up out of his seat and after Bethany to apologize or make a joke. Only, by the time he got to the hallway, there was no Bethany. In fact, the entire hallway was completely empty, except for the copy of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Bethany had just been reading, which now lay on the floor just beneath a locker."

     I don't know how many times I've wanted to jump into a book and experience something the characters have done or meet some of the super cool people that the characters have met. It's one of the reasons I love reading! There's so many different worlds out there that I would never experience without reading and I can't close myself out like that. 
     Looking at the above paragraph, I started thinking what books would I really like to pick something out of and experience or even what book characters I would love to meet or do some of the super cool experiences they have! Here's my list:

1. Harry Potter- I'm going to put this one altogether because there's so many of the places I'd like to go and things I'd like to do. I would love to visit Hogsmeade, HoneyDukes, and Weasley's Wizards Wheezes. I'd also love to watch Quidditch and to roam the halls of Hogwarts. I'd give anything to sit in the back of a Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson!

2. The Hunger Games- I'd love to watch the Games with the other people. It sounds morbid, but I would really like to see what the fascination was behind them. And I'd really like to get all dressed up like the people in the Capitol lol It just seems like it would be cool!

3. The Lunar Chronicles- I love this world and I would love to visit it one day! Whether its the moon, the Sahara, New Beijing, or France! It seems cool. I just don't want to run into Queen Levana.....

What books would you like to jump in and out of?! 

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 

Labels: ,