Starry Night by Isabel Gillies

ARC, 327 pages
Release Date: September 2, 2014
Published by: HarperTeen
Stand-alone
Source: ATWAT
For fans of: Magic, Romance, YA 

     Sometimes one night can change everything. On this particular night, Wren and her three best friends are attending a black-tie party at the Metropolitan Museum of Art to celebrate the opening of a major exhibit curated by her father. An enormous wind blasts through the city, making everyone feel that something unexpected and perhaps wonderful will happen. And for Wren, that something wonderful is Nolan. With his root-beer-brown Michelangelo eyes, Nolan changes the way Wren’s heart beats. In Isabel Gillies's Starry Night, suddenly everything is different. Nothing makes sense except for this boy. What happens to your life when everything changes, even your heart? How much do you give up? How much do you keep?
 

*MY THOUGHTS*

     To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I was so excited for this one because y'all know I LOVE me a story that heavily relies on the romance. But this one just didn't cut it. It seemed really young and the writing style was not very good either.
     I found myself constantly having to remind myself that they were so young. Only because they were 15. And the writing style made them seem wayyyyy younger than that. The things they did (and when I say "they", I mean the three girls plus the parents) all bothered me. I wanted nothing more than to say GROW UP. 
     Then i didn't like that there was SO much back story. Some things I don't think HAD to be in there.It just made it extra long. I'm all for details and knowing everything, but sometimes too much fluff is just too much fluff. And bouncing around to all the different times in her life was just too much for me. It just seemed like there was way too much going on.
     Last but not least, the writing style just wasn't for me. I guess I should've known when I saw in the synopsis "root-beer-brown Michelangelo eyes", but I gave it a chance anyways. But unfortunately, it didn't get any better. Like on page 26 when I read "She's a prodigy- a Mozart of mozzarella." anddddd it just got worse. I didn't want to continue after I saw that it was that bad. I made it to page 130 and I just couldn't do it anymore. 
     This book disappointed me, but at the same time, it may not be that way for you. I can see that this is a highly anticipated book for so many people, so don't hesitate to give it a try! 
Overall, I give this


Labels: , ,