Beyond the Book: Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

Just Like the Movies

"'Haven't you ever wished you could fall in love like they do on screen?"
pg. 3

     This book is all about finding a love that's like in the movies. In it, Marijke and Lily re-enact certain scenes from romantic comedies so that they can add more romance to their love lives. Now, with me being all about books, this got my brain working. Which bookish scenes would I want to recreate to add some more romance to my life? Here are the Top 5 scenes! 

1. That scene from Open Road Summer where Matt sung that one chick a song: Omg I would totally DIE if anyone had did that for me. (The boyfriend can't sing, but he CAN "freestyle." Meaning he can rap with the first thing that comes to mind and he's really good at it.) Especially in front of all those people! Gah he was just so sweet and I totally melted!

2. The Christmas scene in Be With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout: After everything is out in the open and Teresa and Jase have finally decided how they will handle things and they are sitting in front of the Christmas tree and just having an amazing time. There doesn't have to be anything extravagant, just the presence of each other is enough. 

3. The "I want you to play me like a cello" scene in If I Stay by Gayle Forman: No I don't play the cello, but I would still re-create this scene over and over. And over and over again. It was just that romantic. Adam is one of my all time favorite book boys because EVERYTHING he did showed how much he cared for Mia and it was the sweetest thing imaginable. 

4. The "Read to me sweetheart" scene in FanGirl by Rainbow Rowell: The boyfriend hates reading, but on occasion he will see what I'm reading and read a couple paragraphs. But if he was to ever say "Read to Me" and actually mean it, like actually listen as I read, I would melt and dissolve into a thousand pieces. Levi basically showed how much he loved Cath. He didn't enjoy what she did, but he still found some way to stay involved and I appreciate that. 

5. The kitchen counter scene in The Distance Between Us by Kasie West: Let's be honest, this isn't the most innocent scene, so I'm kind of blushing as I write this lol But it was just super sweet and I was so happy they were together.  

What romantic scenes would you re-enact from books?!


Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 

Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 

Labels: ,