Wicked Games by Sean Olin

ARC, 343 pages
Release Date: June 10, 2014
Published by: Katherine Tegen
Wicked Games, #1
For fans of: Contemporary, Drama, Suspense, Health Issues, Thriller, Sparkly Covers, YA

     Wicked Games is the first book in a sexy thriller series where passion, lies, and revenge collide-perfect for fans of Simone Elkeles and Sara Shepard.
     To all the locals in the small beach town of Dream Point, Carter and Lilah seem like the perfect It Couple-but their relationship is about to brutally unravel before everyone's eyes.
     Carter has always been a good guy, and while Lilah has a troubled past, she's been a loyal girlfriend for the last four years. When smart, sexy Jules enters the picture at a senior-year bash, Carter succumbs to temptation. And when Lilah catches wind of his betrayal, she decides that Jules needs to pay.
     By the end of the summer, the line between right and wrong will be blurred beyond recognition. Blood will be shed. Nothing in Dream Point will ever be the same.
     This juicy summer read will keep readers turning pages until the shocking, nail-biting finale.

*MY THOUGHTS*

      When I heard of this story I was intrigued by the thought of a "sexy thriller, where passion, lies, and revenge collide". Especially since it involved high school seniors. I didn't think it would actually deliever it, but it actually did. Which is a little reason why I had a problem with it.
"But, sometimes, no matter how hard you try, things just don't work out."
(ARC)
     The first thing I had a problem with was the writing style. It just didn't flow as good to me. Maybe because he was so into the idea of making sure that the reader knew that whatever character he was talking about had money. It was ok at first, but then it just got excessive. I don't need to know every outfit that your character has on. That's not important. And then it felt like you were telling me and not showing me... It was just too much.
"'Chance sneaks in and changes everything no matter how prepared you thought you were."
(ARC)
     Then there was the characters. For them to be seniors and adults, they were really naive. A lot of those things that had happened didn't have to. They just chose not to take the necessary precautions. For there to be so many things that were going on, it didn't look like anyone was doing anything about it. It just seemed like for there to be so many scary things happening,they were giving to much lee-way. It just didn't seem believable.
"'Walking away from love was hard even if the love was bad."
(ARC)
     Another thing I didn't like was how Carter handled it. I mean it was obvious that she was sick, but for him to do what he did? Yeah that was low. He wasn't just an honorable character either. And the way they "fell in love" after that wasn't appealing to me either. Carter basically just annoyed me. Jules wasn't just amazing either tho. She knew what was going on and still did it. I didn't like that she didn't care.
"'You can only be you. No matter how much you might want to be the person they think you should be, you can't change who you are. It's up to them to accept you.."
(ARC)
     Lastly, the girl was sick. But everyone around her was clueless. why is it that NO ONE knew what was going on?! Someone should've known what was going on. At least had a small inkling or something. but her parents, her boyfriend, other people's parents, they had no idea. I just felt like there was something that could have been done before things got so bad. Because believe you me, it got BADDD.
"'It gets better,' her mother said. 'Love fades."
(ARC)
     Overall, there wasn't really much that I DID like about this story. Honestly, the one thing that kept me reading was the fact that it was a series. I wanted to know how it would be pulled into a series. And trust me, the ending will have you stunned.
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , , , ,