Beyond the Book: Happy Father's Day!

This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it!

So, in honor of Father's Day, here's my Beyond the Book that belongs to my favorite bookish dads! 

THIS ONE BELONGS TO MY FAVORITE BOOKISH DADS! 


     Let's be honest. If Mr. Weasley hadn't made it to this list, you would've been questioning my judgement on books. This man had seven kids and still added another one with Harry. And they stayed in a shack of a house. They weren't the richest, but at the same time, they had all that they needed. 

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)
     If you've read this book, you know that Lola has two dads. This shocked me because it was the first book I read that featured a same sex marriage, but it made me happy to see something so fresh and original. It also made me a little jealous... She was blessed with TWO dads and she was a girl. I can tell they spoiled her lol

My Life After Now
     Another book that features two married dads. I was equally jealous of this one because I could definitely tell that she was especially spoiled. The love in this book is clearly evident and I loved how much it was shown. 
Second Chance Summer
     Need I say more? Because let's be honest, her dad in this book was the entire reason I cried like the above gif. This really brought me to tears. To see how much he loved them in the end just broke me. If you haven't read this already, get to it!!!

What bookish dads are your favorites?! 

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book!  


Labels: ,