TTT: Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
 Top Ten Tuesday: Top Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't!
*These are in no particular order!

     I am a firm believer in DNF-ing, but these are books that I ALMOST DNF-ed but slogged through anyways. There's not many that I've thought about not finishing that I ended up loving.... 

The Elite (The Selection, #2)Don't Even Think About It
1. The Elite by Kiera Cass: Let's be honest.... It was a filler book. There was absolutely no plot and there was really just a lot of back and forth between Aspen and Maxon with America for no reason. But I still wanted to know who she chose. 

2. Don't Even Think About it by Sarah Mlynowski: Had I not been listening to this on audio and this was the ONLY thing I had to listen to, I never would've finished it. Basically I settled. It was really to tween-ish for me... If you're going to talk about "hooking up," don't act like you're 12.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)The Break-Up Artist
3. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han: I was expecting more. Like more emphasis on the letters than just what happens in the end. And it was also extremely predictable and I really didn't like that. But I still wanted to make sure all my theories were right. 

4. The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel: Not because I wasn't enjoying it, but more because I HATED the MC. Believe you me, she was a Grade A bona fide bitch.... And I couldn't stand the fact that she wanted everyone to forgive her smh 

Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1)Ask Again Later
5. Wildcards by Simone Elkeles: Insta-love.... But it also featured a girl who played football and she was really good at it. I kept reading because I wanted someone who accepted her for her because I can definitely relate. 

6. Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas: I'm all for contemps, but at the same time, not when they're written like MG's and I'm expecting a YA book... I kept reading because I just really wanted to see what really happened in the end. 

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy, #1)
7. Allegiant by Vernica Roth: Ok, I'm probably going to get some trolls for this, but at the same time... WHATEVS. I waited so long for this book and for it to be so long, I was expecting some non-stop action and I was upset I had to wait until the end to get it. I started to put it down, but I had to see what the huge event that everyone was talking about was.

8. The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett: With a cover like this, I KNEW I would just love this! And then seeing the synopsis and seeing that she was a nightmare?! I was all ready to love it. But unfortunately, the book was a nightmare. It ended up being good, but being a little TOO MUCH like Hex Hall. 


Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
9. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: It just wasn't my favorite. I was expecting so much more because of all the amazing reviews on line and the fandom is pretty big. I was thinking it was because I'm not a huge fan or vampires, but still this wasn't great.

10. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black: Another one that will probably cause trolls, but I just wasn't impressed. Yes they were actually frightening vampires, but other than her finding Coldtown, I wasn't sure where the real story was. I kept reading to try finding it... 


What books did you almost put down but didn't?!

Labels: