Beyond the Book: Holiday #Readathon 2013!


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

This Beyond the Book is a little non-traditional because I participated in my first read-a-thon this weekend! It was my very first read-a-thon! Although I didn't get as much reading done as I would have liked, but I did get a lot done! I'm almost done with my reading goal for the year! Here's all that I did:

I read from 35%-100% of 
These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)

And then I read from 0%-30% in 
Switched

I wanted to get at through it, but I didn't make it. But I DID put together a week's worth of blg posts and spend two hours on the road -__- 

I also participated in two different mini challenges! 

1. Jenny at Supernatural Snark asked what 3 book boyfriends would I like to have under the misletoe this year! My picks were: Isaiah from Crash Into You, Jack from Racing Savannah, and Cam from Wait For You! 
Who would you want under the misletoe?!

2. Kate at Kate's Tales of Books and Bands asked what type of family traditions we have for Christmas! I told her about how whenever me and all my sisters come home my mom goes and gets all different kinds of cookie dough and we spend an entire making cookies. And then as people come in they always go for their favorites: My cousin with the peanut butter, my aunt with the oatmeal raisin, my youngest sister with the sugar cookies with decorations and EVERYONE else with chocolate chip! 
What are some of your Christmas traditions?!