Foreplay by Sophie Jordan

Nook Book, 228 pages
Release Date: November 5, 2013
Published by: William Morrow
The Ivy Chronicles, #1
Source: Own
For fans of: Chick-lit, Contemporary Romance, Sparkly Covers, Hot Literary Guys, Realistic Fiction, New Adult

     Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend's brother, Hunter, for, like, ever. He's the key to everything she's always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she's kissed exactly one guy, she has the perfect plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom: take a few pointers from someone who knows what he's doing.
     Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he's beyond gorgeous, but he's also dangerous and deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as a lesson in attraction is turning both their worlds upside down, and showing them just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what's real. . . .


BETWEEN THE COVERS!

*This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than YA. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few New Adult and Adult titles I am beginning to read!*  

*MY THOUGHTS*

     When I found out that Sophie Jordan was writing a New Adult novel, I was super excited. I knew she wrote adult novels, so her NA would more than likely be reallllly good! And I was right. Sophie Jordan did not disappoint.
"'There is more to a relationship than just sex." "Yes, but a relationship sure is better when the sex is good."
pg. 73
     I'll be honest. when I first found read the synopsis, I wasn't exactly thrilled. I thought it was a weird concept. I thought she was going to be doing different hook-ups until her roommates found her "the perfect teacher." It wasn't exactly something I would have wanted to read. But then I saw the reviews start coming in and saw that that wasn't the case at all. It got me excited for it all over again. And then, the book trailer came out. And let me just tell you, that book trailer made me put this to the very top of my TBR. I NEEDED to know who this Reece was.
"'What did you tell them? His breath fanned from my lips. "That you're staying the night with me."
pg. 105
     And then I finally met Pepper and Reece. With Pepper, I HATED her name. (Sorry I just couldn't get over that.) And a lot of the things she did. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't like the fact that she was so scary. But at the same time, I understood it. She was so innocent and didn't know how to go for what she wanted. I wanted her from the very beginning to leave Hunter alone because I felt like he was just there. The first time Reece asked why it HAD to be Hunter and she couldn't answer, I just felt like she was stupid for still pursuing it. And then at the part where she first chose, I thought that was just crazy. By then it was obvious what they felt for each other and she still chose to fight it. Even with all that happened to her, I thought she was nuts to still push him away. But I understood that too. She was just scared. Which is why I loved Emerson. She was the exact opposite and just what Pepper needed to bring her out of her shell. They had a great friendship.
"'I glanced down and winced at the white cotton panties with tiny yellow kittens on them."
pg. 132
     And then there's Reece. OMG he was super hot. He had a pierced eyebrow, tattoos, and muscles on top of muscles from what I'm picturing in my head (along with what I saw on the book trailer). And he always knew exactly what to say. Whether to get Pepper all hot and steamy or just to make her feel wanted. And what I loved the most about him, HE WASN'T THE STEREOTYPICAL MAN WHORE that's in ALLLLLL of NA. I really enjoyed that he was really just a normal guy and all he wanted was a normal relationship. His character was more than just the embodiment of sex. He had a bit of a dark past as well. And when the situation finally arose in the book, I hated that I had to see it. I wanted nothing more than to make him understand that it wasn't his fault.
"'Even sick, he was seducing me. He probably didn't even realize it. It's just what he did. Who he was. How he affected me."
pg. 145
    As for the romance, it was exiting and super hot. Of course since she's "learning" foreplay, its a slow burning romance between the two of them. And every time they're together, it only gets hotter. I'm not exactly sure how they avoided it for so long, but in the end, when they finally got to it, it definitely set their worlds on fire.
"'It was as though my body lived and breathed for this. For him."
pg. 181
     This was a book that I was anticipating for a long time. And although I had some discrepancies, I'm so glad I decided to look past them. Pepper and Reece are wonderful characters and Foreplay will definitely leave you wanting more. Pun intended.
Overall, I give this


Anddddd, here's the trailer that changed my life lol


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,